Monday, August 03, 2009

My Parents Came to See Me

Last weekend my parents came to see me.

They came with tok and my youngest brother.

They brought a lot of things. Toto mattress, fried peanuts and even durian.

Whoa man. Durian in Sandakan is such a luxury item. I gobled a few straight away. I didn't even bother to clean my mouth.

When people in Sandakan smell my durian breath, they know I mean business.

We had a lot of fun. Dinner on the day they arrived was in Pizza Hut.

Nice right?

Coming all the way here and had pizza as their first meal. Of course ikan bakar wasn't always available at 9PM.

We went to Sepilok to see the orangutans.

The pictures you see on the postcards are rip-offs. Those close ups are the works of huge camera lenses.

The truth is you can only look at the orangutan from far, and I mean very far.

The trip to the souvenir shop was actually more exciting.

It was a truly makan visit. We had lunch at Sim Sim Ikan Bakar twice.

Dinner was in Ocean King, a very famous restaurant in Sandakan made popular by a very famous Egyptian. Heheh.

Other than makan, we did what we normally do. Fart jokes, underwear jokes. Normal family stuff.

2-day trip was very short indeed. My heart was very heavy as I send them back to the airport.

I bid farewell to my family, stretching my neck high as they walk into the boarding gate, getting a good look and trying to catch every last glimpse of them.

As I walk back to the car, the cool night breeze agreed with my mood.

Turning on the engine, re-adjusting the air-con blower directing each one to me, I asked myself, "when will I adjust these blowers again for my parents?"

I turned on the radio, Coldplay was playing.

Fix You.

Damn you, Chris Martin.

I couldn't see the road driving back home.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Nadia said...

Alahai...ciannye die

They'll be back soon...

Chin up...be strong k?

03 August, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww ... don't cry. Time flies these days. Don't worry.

04 August, 2009  
Anonymous jojo said...

hey/// skrg ni MAS ada tiket promotion..murah ler jugak...
boleh lah balik kg ..errrm to the city for a while..

05 August, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that part, too.

05 August, 2009  
Blogger ZailanMY said...

lama dah aku tak jenguk sini..apa kabar doktor...seriously ..underwear jokes??? hahahaha

06 August, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Azman! Or should I say Dr. Azman! Dude your blog is awesome.

06 August, 2009  
Blogger bola2api said...

sihat lagi tok kau yg pakai full face helmet tu.. Opah aku dah a bit senile..

13 August, 2009  
Anonymous sober said...

Hek enen!!! man kemaman!!
aku nk p sandakan lawat org dlm utan
boring2 boleh lepak masuk kampung
abis makan duduk termenung
x abih lg boring
amik myvi n mamba kiter racing
peace brader...
senang2 kiter jumper..
heh

15 August, 2009  
Blogger She said...

1 year plus dah.parents aku tak jejak kaki lagi pun kat sini..

tp salah aku gak la kan..
sapa suh gatai pi jauh2?

26 August, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home