Sunday, November 09, 2008

Blue Suede Baby Shoes

I've always wondered how I picked up the liking of blues and music that came out in the 70's and 80's.

An unexpected youtube hunt brought me to the answer: Sesame Street. As a kid, I watched Sesame Street extensively. If I remember it correctly, it was always aired every morning at 9am on TV1 after Selamat Pagi Malaysia.

Music had always been an integral part of Sesame Street, and I guess the blues component got stuck on me.

Here are some memorable bluesy music on Sesame Street


The original Mahna Mahna performance.


An excellent blues performance by Mr. Hoots and Ernie.


James Taylor on Sesame Street. At 5 years of age, I couldn't really make out what James sang, so for the longest time, I remember the chorus as "Oh! Kenny come home. Kenny, Kenny come home. Kenny, Kenny come!"


Another priceless piece. I've always felt sorry for Bert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home