Wednesday, April 16, 2008

KLIM 2008

On the 30th of March, I joined the 10km run in the KLIM 2008 Torture Fest. It wasn't really a demotion from last year's 21km, but I'm getting comfortable with the fact that running 21km can do me more harm than good. Then again, I am getting too comfortable, as pointed by Mac whom I met for the first time that morning.

Me and Mac were in the runners kandang when I spotted him. I went near and introduced myself.

Then Mac looked at my face in astonishment, and then started looking up and down. He then said "WOW!" with an intonation and expression to match.

So I thought, damn, I must be looking good this morning.

Then Mac did the exact same thing. Look at face, gaze up and down, "WOW!"

Things started to smell fishy, because although I know I look good, I ain't good enough to deserve two wows in a row.

It happened again the third time. Look at face, gaze up and down, except this time, he gave a louder "WOW!"

By the this time, I pretty well knew what he meant.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mac had just discovered something I would say as the most subtle, appropriate, aggressive-passive way of saying "Dammit, you're FAT!" in public. Hahaha. I know Mac. I know.

Lesson learnt, at least for the rest of you guys: When your friend has become noticeably large larger, don't go saying "Weih, ngko dah besar siod" or "Pergh! Berapa kilo naik?" I mean, way to go, Captain Obvious.

Instead, do the Mac (haha, I am so going to patent this term). Drop your jaw, look up and down, say "WOW!" pause for 2 seconds, repeat 3 times. We get the hint.

The run? Oh. It wasn't really a run. I walked most of the 10km, and walked even slower when I came to a traffic light junctions where the traffic was halted. Kasi panas sikit motorists semua tengok orang debab jalan lenggang kangkung depan diorang. That was pretty much it. Really.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

f1 was fun bro?alex yoong ada lagi..duhh..

16 April, 2008  
Blogger yipwt said...

you got to run more bro...guaranteed weight loss...

16 April, 2008  
Blogger Mohd Shazly Khan said...

bro..

hahahahhahahah x2.

lu pandai buat lawak la..

16 April, 2008  
Blogger K.K. said...

bro, ada masa mai Fitness First dekat leisure mall. gua kasi lu free entry... then we can diskusi about lu nyer weight loss if lu interested. soo seng pon dah jadik muscular man dah. kontak gua la

18 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you do your walk in a sarong?

28 April, 2008  
Blogger Azman said...

minah_stapler: Not this time! Haha. I'd probably do that again in this year's Terry Fox run. With a group of other people hopefully.

28 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home