Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chooti

After the bike ride to Tekala on Monday, I decided to bike again on Tuesday. But biasalah, it didn't happen.

So yesterday I went for a run at Stadium Kg Pandan and did 10 laps of 400m.

1. Warm up lap heart rate at 130 bpm

Subsequent laps are done with heart rate between 150-158

2. 3mins 28secs.
3. 3mins 45secs.
4. 4mins 02secs.
5. 3mins 57secs.
6. 4mins 02secs.
7. 4mins 00secs.
8. 3mins 58secs.
9. All out push sampai nak mati 3mins 39secs. (hampeh)

10. Jalan lenggang kangkung tanam jagung nampak burung.


Boils down to 1min/100m. Adds up to 10mins/km. Lebih kurang time masa SJ10K last year. No improvement.

Haih. I have to admit. Lepas 'berjaya' rembat 2 medals from KLIM and PD half, I've been too overconfident. Training pun barai, makan pun tak control. I'm quickly becoming like the rabbit who laughs at the tortoise. Konon dah power tapi sebenarnya bermain fantasi dengan Alice in Wonderland.

[Ok ok. emo moment]

All this bullshit has to stop. Mid sem break will be over in 4 days, then I'll be starting my Internal Medicine posting for 4 weeks. Hopefully the heart attacks, strokes, diabetic ketoacidosis cases I'll be seeing will motivate me to not be like one in the future.

So the run yesterday will be my set point as a mark of future improvements. I there say, should I get any slower, I will... errr... not play guitar for 2 months (shit, this is actually torture).


There's a line separating a want-to-be and a wannabe. I want to be better, not a wannabe.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaja Shah said...

wah terer main gitar? shld put it on video k

i like this song

'seindah tiada lagi kau ku idamkan
sayang kau hilang
menanti biar sampai akhir hayatku di dunia ini...

kau tahu betapa ku sayang padamu
hanya bidadari sebagai ganti
hanya takdir menentukan ia
oh belaian jiwa...'

01 June, 2007  
Blogger Azman said...

Uiii... Kalau ye main lagu ni... exclusive aje you. Bukan sembarang orang boleh dengar. Nanti hilang le magic dia. Hihihi.

01 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home