Tuesday, March 01, 2011

6 is a Beautiful Number

This is going to be short and simple. It's late and thinking of stringing words to make is sound nice is, well, tiring.

It's been 6 weeks since I embarked on my journey to self-improvement whereby I vehemently put my foot down and vow to pedantically bla bla bla bla... *simple words.... simple words...*

Anyway, it's week 6 and this is my progress so far.

The tummy is getting smaller. Chest is also flatter. The hips don't lie, those are still big.

You should also guess by now that I'm a big fan of Adidas, and I don't have much running attire to go around.

And, yes, I have registered for Borneo International Marathon, signing up for 21km event. What have I done.

Training starts today. 60 days to go.


Oh by the way, IRON MAIDEN IN SINGAPORE WAS AWESOME!!!!!

SCREAM FOR ME, SINGAPORE!!!!!!!!!!! AAAARRRRHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

I truly envy your determination. I need to get back to running again. Me fat alreaaadddyyy :(

02 March, 2011  
Blogger Azman said...

Lydia, it's really not determination. It's something to get used to. Actually it's quite easy.

Comparing my habits in January and now, there are huge differences, but those differences didn't happen overnight.

Take small steps, and introduce new ones regularly. I'm even gonna illustrate to you.

What I do is something I call the 3-day hump (and no, it doesn't involve humping). The theory is, to make something a habit, it needs 3 days. 1st day to start it, 2nd day to tahan it, 3rd day to try to enjoy it. By the 4th day it will come naturally, you've gotten over the 3rd day hump.

So introduce something small and new, and keep doing it for 3 days, and introduce another one.

Here's a list of the things I changed and pick one up every 3 days.

1. stop taking beverages with calorie.
2. eat smaller portions.
3. eat strictly 3 times a day
4. run at least 3 times a week.
5. take the stairs instead of the lift.
6. walk more (to the restaurant, to grocery store)
7. then increase run to 4-5 times a week.
8. sleep at least 7 hours (impossible during on call la).

And keep the list growing, and do it one at a time, every 3 days.

And stop weighing yourself. It's counter productive. Taking daily photos is better, but don't compare it on daily basis. Check again only after 2 weeks. The differences you see, no matter how small, will make you more motivated.

Good luck!

02 March, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the tips. very helpful and practical. Guess who this is???

03 March, 2011  
Blogger Azman said...

mahatma ghandi? is that you?

04 March, 2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

mantap tu bro!

09 March, 2011  
Blogger dochisyam said...

Definitely better than joining the biggest loser kan Man?
Anyway i will see you at the Borneo marathon, in fact earlier for the river rafting trip.

Hisyam

11 March, 2011  
Blogger Azman said...

Yesss! I'm driving to KK on the 27th. 28th kita kasi rata Padas! Managed to cucuk one friend to join the run, which is awesome. Now trying to further cucuk him to join rafting.

Biggest Loser banyak drama. Sangat sedikit substance. And the title, hmmm, it doesn't sound right.

13 March, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home