Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What Have I Become?

There are bad days, and there are really bad days.

Today is one of those days.

I had to do a presentation on post-operative fever. Having so little time (blame it on me), I have to admit the quality of the presentation was below average. It isn't something that I am quite proud of.

To add salt to the wound, the presentation was brought forward, so I've lost whatever little time I have to tie the loose ends in whatever I had to say.

To add kerosine to the wound and set it on fire, I think I'm in the lecturer's black list, getting marked by him most of the time.

To amputate the leg and have it fed to the lions, a visiting doctor attended the presentation, and he is heavily involved with this evidence-based thingamajiggy crap (cut me some slacks here, I'm loaded with anger).

To put it in figure, my presentation was basically shred to pieces, crumpled, thrown to the ground, stepped on, spat on and then mixed with a pile of elephant poo.

Basically a nice and professional way of saying "You are stupid, you have no idea of what you are doing. It's even a surprise that you've come this far. Go back home lah, bodoh."

After the presentation, I hustled my way out of the school, furious. I drove back home, speeding obviously. Then at a very busy intersection, some bloody jackass decided to pre-maturely turn into the lane. Pffttt. Batu Pahat drivers.

I made sure I gave him a loud and long honk, supplemeted by a middle finger and an unrehearsed shout of "PUKIMAK PUNYA BABI!!" with a rolled-down window.

All these happened with me dressed in a white coat and a stethoscope over my neck, ID tag still on my chest, within full view of busy traffic of people leaving school.

I sure hope they think it's just Halloween.

This is not me. Not every bit of what happened today. Something must be done.

Ya Allah, give me strength. Assist me in making sure I don't end up as a bum.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger yipwt said...

hey...cool man...
whatever shit happens...

06 November, 2007  
Blogger Jaja Shah said...

i rasa your lecturer mesti rasa bersalah after that. everything will be fine, insyaAllah

06 November, 2007  
Blogger Azman said...

Thanks guys. I'm a bit ok now. :)

06 November, 2007  
Blogger nurina said...

In my 20+years of working life I done my share of stupid things. Best advice; just take it as a point learned for next time and move on. Regret is a useless emotion...

06 November, 2007  
Blogger Mohd Shazly Khan said...

when you ask for strength, god will give u obstacles to overcome, to be strong. Get the point? take it easy buddy.

06 November, 2007  
Blogger Azman said...

Nurina: Well said. Moving on is the best thing to do.

Shazly: Bro, I will remember your words. What you said struck me hard. Thanks bro.

06 November, 2007  
Blogger Raymond said...

Haha,easy man.Some lecturers like to find fault on certain students and u're not alone.
Cheer up ok!

06 November, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw the lecturers la..
their time is different.. less information.. more time..

our era has more info.. less time.. not everything can be done the way they want it..

ebm is not ALWAYS the answer.

postop fever is something which should be covered in clinical rounds.. they should give u something else for the presentation.. maybe tats why u didnt really push for it..

berapa kali kena buat post op fever ni?

as for the bp drivers... they deserve it.. ppl would not judge your "clothes" but your "action" at that particular point.. and everyone knows the action is justifiable coz its a bloody batu pahat driver.

- Vijay " been through similar things many times in batu pahat " Kumar

07 November, 2007  
Blogger bola2api said...

dude,
whenever you feel down..

look back at your picture taken during Terry Fox :)

surely it will make you laugh :)

as I did.. many times over :)

07 November, 2007  
Blogger Abu Soffian said...

Bro...sabar bro

07 November, 2007  
Blogger Sha said...

yo,

as witness to your presentation that day, don't think too much about it.

how many of us take the trouble to find an easy way for colleagues to remember diffucult facts like you did? that's the way it has been when you give presentations, and believe me, much appreciated, man. better than those who cut and paste their presentations into 20 over slides (like me?)!

it did surprise me that you got criticised for your presentation. but if anything, i still remember my facts because of the mnemonics you gave :) it's reinforced more when i remember the scolding you got..heehee..

lupakan saja, dude. go cycling in your sarong or something. create history in batu pahat roads. just don't pancit your tayar and call me again :p

10 November, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home